If you are interested in applying for any of the available vacancies please submit your Resume/CV using the form below, and HR Department will keep you updated on the progress of your application.
Click the tabs below for descriptions of available jobs.
HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
An opportunity for employment exists within the Health and Safety Department for a Health and Safety Manager.
As Health and Safety Manager, you will ensure that the organization meets the necessary legislative obligations and drive the continuous improvement of Health and Safety Culture throughout the business. You will facilitate the ongoing development of Health and Safety policies and best practices to make sure all staff are adhering to these standards. You will be the coach and mentor to the existing Health & Safety department. You will also provide advice, support and guidance at a Management level on all matters of legal compliance regarding Health and Safety Management.
• Promoting a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the organization
• Developing and maintaining the Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) including compliance with external audits
• Managing and coordinating audits, including liaising with external contractors
• Supporting and developing the Health and Safety strategy in line with the company business strategy
• Developing internal and external networks to allow performance to be benchmarked
• Ensuring compliance with legislation and incorporate any updates in law into the Health and Safety policy
• Monitoring Health and Safety risks and hazards in the workplace
• Business risk analysis and risk assessments
• Conduct training of workforce and upper Management
• Coach and mentor Health & Safety Officers
• Reducing the number of Health and Safety incidents to a minimum
Relevant Skills / Qualifications
• Chartered Member of IOSH though may consider Grad IOSH with relevant
• NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent i.e. NVQ Level 6 in Occupational Health &
• Lead Auditor
• Experience of conducting training up to Management Level
• Extensive experience in Accident Investigation and compiling detailed reports
• Experience of working with senior management
• The ability to organize and prioritize workload
• A flexible approach to working hours
• Demonstrable experience of project execution within a Shipyard / Maritime
• Credible experience in health and safety, including operations experience
• Experience of maintaining or reaching externally audited management
standards such as ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
• Provide leadership by example on HS matters within the Health & Safety team.
• Fully support and encourage the Project / Production teams.
• Duty of care to the business and all employees.
• Duty of loyalty and commitment.
• Act honestly and with integrity; and promote ethical behavior.
• Act in good faith and in the shareholders’ best interest.
• Value diversity.
• Promote a just and fair working environment.
Application/Résumés should be submitted to:
The Human Resources Department
Grand Bahama Shipyard Ltd.
P.O. Box F-42623
Freeport, Grand Bahama
Or email: email@example.com or apply below:
Close Date: August 31, 2020
For all other job enquires, please contact HR by email only: firstname.lastname@example.org