If you are interested in applying for any of the available vacancies please submit your Resume/CV using the form below, and HR Department will keep you updated on the progress of your application.
Click the tabs below for descriptions of available jobs.
A vacancy exists in the Projects Department for a Ship Manager who will report directly to the Senior Project Manager.
• Primary point of contact for production related activities on the vessel.
• Monitor Safety and encourage the development of a Safety culture and maintenance of the safe working environment.
• To prepare and agree Shift Handovers/Daily Report and present to Trades/Project/Nightshift Managers.
• Initiate physical Activation/Deactivation of work with Trades Foreman based on project objectives and liaise where required with Planners to ensure that Job Numbers are open/closed as required.
• Monitor/Review with Trades, the progress of works and report to Project Manager/Planning for inclusion in
PM’s daily meetings. Where and as required by the Project Manager provide written reports of same.
• Intervene in resolving issues of priority/support between trades in order to maintain momentum of progress in line with project objectives.
• Ensure that work being carried out is being done in accordance with offer/specifications and guide production Foreman/Subcontractor accordingly.
• Oversee the works being carried out by yards appointed subcontractors.
• Carry out inspections of New Works (Variation Orders) and provide/coordinate provision of Variation Orders request to Project Managers including identification of scope, resources required and time to complete the works. Where required, assist in writing up variation orders.
• Attend meetings with customer as required by the Project Managers
• To work hours as required by the Project Manager to ensure the works are correctly managed at all times.
This may require night works and extended duties at times.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in the ship repair or ship building industries.
• Knowledge of ship repair.
• Basic Project Management skills.
• Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
• Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Problem-solving abilities
• A professional trade qualification or completion of an apprenticeship and experience as a tradesman in the maritime sector.
• Educated to high school level or above.
A vacancy exists within the Projects Department for a Project Manager who will report directly to the Vice President of Commercial.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Developing project scopes and objectives
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Totally responsible for the technical and commercial aspects of each ship repair project.
• Project labour management and control.
• Project sub-contract management.
• Project plant and equipment management.
• Project material management.
• Achievement of financial targets for each project.
• Maximising customer satisfaction.
• A technical background with a minimum Higher National Certificate or equivalent qualification.
• Minimum of 10 year’s experience in the ship repair or ship building industries; or a minimum of 7 – 10 years as a ship owner’s technical representative; or 10 – 15 experience as a Chief Engineer at sea.
• Fully conversant in the techniques required for production/resource planning and budget/cost control.
• A self-starter with the ability to operate on own initiative and with the capacity and motivation to frequently work indeterminate hours.
• Strong leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and customer awareness.
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Fully cognisant of the importance of inter-departmental support
A vacancy exists within the Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Department for an ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER who will report directly to the Senior HSEQ Manager. The Environmental Compliance Manager is responsible for coordinating a wide range of environmental issues within the Shipyard that range from education and awareness to drafting environmental policies. The manager also ensures that environmental regulations and policies are fully implemented.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor workplace activities to ensure workforce compliance with Company policies and other Environmental regulations.
- Ensure that the Department’s goals and objectives are met.
- Provide advice, information and instruction on site Environmental issues.
- Monitor and assess hazardous and unsafe situations and assist in developing measures to assure Environmental protection.
- Assist in the application and development of Environmental protection procedures.
- Effectively manage environmental risks and hazards.
- Report and facilitate investigation of incidents, accidental release and hazards; provide advice and assistance in the implementation of agreed control measures.
- Review and analyze reports and data.
- Assist in developing environmental sustainability strategies for site.
- Monitor site compliance with environmental policy and procedures and legal requirements.
- Audit site compliance with regards to legal and other environmental requirements.
- Help promote environmental awareness.
- Carry out Environmental inspections.
- Compile toolbox talks for the site.
- Assist in the acquisition of emergency preparedness equipment, signage, etc.
- Receive briefing from Senior HSEQ Manager and carry out instructions on site.
- Represent Senior HSEQ Manager and department in matters of Environment Protection.
- Assist with developing environmental policies and help employees reduce impact through effective deployment of Environmental Protection Programs.
- Alert workforce about procedures and work instructions; and monitor compliance.
- Conduct Environmental audits and follow-up inspections of any pending action items.
- Conduct incident investigations, determine classification, determine cause, make recommendations to prevent re-occurrence and write detailed reports.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Degree or Professional Certification in Environmental Science or related field from an accredited institution.
- Broad knowledge of Environmental Regulations and ISO Management Systems.
- At least seven (7) years of progressive experience in an Environmental Program.
- At least two (2) years of experience as a Management System Auditor.
- Knowledge of current Environmental Best Practice.
- Ability to conduct inspections of facilities and/or operations to ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to ensure hazardous wastes are prepared for off-site transfer to disposal facilities in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Ability to take samples and accumulate information and material required for lab analysis.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and control Environmental hazards.
- Ability to handle emergency and difficult situations in a calm and efficient manner.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and compliance related information to a diverse workforce.
- Experience with Waste Management and Sustainability.
- Must be physically fit with full mobility.
- Proficient computer skills with Windows and Microsoft Office programs.
Close Date: March 30, 2019
A vacancy exists within the Mechanical Department for a MECHANICAL MANAGER who will report directly to the Production Manager.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all technical, commercial and production control aspects of the Mechanical Department and its activities within the Company including:
- Labour management and budget control
- Labour resource planning for future contracts
- Plant and equipment management
- Material managementQUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- An Engineering background with at least City and Guilds Certificate or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in shipbuilding and/or ship conversions gained from working in shipyards with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory position.
- A minimum of 5 years’ production management experience in shipbuilding or
- related heavy industry, including experience running a team of supervisors.
- Fully conversant in the techniques required for production/resource planning and departmental budget/cost control including fluency in computer applications.
- Good problem solving techniques within a marine engineering environment.
- Experience with ship repair standards, class requirements and procedures for repairs worldwide are mandatory.
- Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills enabling the successful candidate to motivate those working with him/her.
- Computer literacy and good interpersonal skills are mandatory.
Close Date: March 30, 2019
For all other job enquires, please contact HR by email only: email@example.com