If you are interested in applying for any of the available vacancies please submit your Resume/CV using the form below, and HR Department will keep you updated on the progress of your application.
Click the tabs below for descriptions of available jobs.
A vacancy exists in the Projects Department for a Ship Manager who will report directly to the Senior Project Manager.
• Primary point of contact for production related activities on the vessel.
• Monitor Safety and encourage the development of a Safety culture and maintenance of the safe working environment.
• To prepare and agree Shift Handovers/Daily Report and present to Trades/Project/Nightshift Managers.
• Initiate physical Activation/Deactivation of work with Trades Foreman based on project objectives and liaise where required with Planners to ensure that Job Numbers are open/closed as required.
• Monitor/Review with Trades, the progress of works and report to Project Manager/Planning for inclusion in
PM’s daily meetings. Where and as required by the Project Manager provide written reports of same.
• Intervene in resolving issues of priority/support between trades in order to maintain momentum of progress in line with project objectives.
• Ensure that work being carried out is being done in accordance with offer/specifications and guide production Foreman/Subcontractor accordingly.
• Oversee the works being carried out by yards appointed subcontractors.
• Carry out inspections of New Works (Variation Orders) and provide/coordinate provision of Variation Orders request to Project Managers including identification of scope, resources required and time to complete the works. Where required, assist in writing up variation orders.
• Attend meetings with customer as required by the Project Managers
• To work hours as required by the Project Manager to ensure the works are correctly managed at all times.
This may require night works and extended duties at times.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in the ship repair or ship building industries.
• Knowledge of ship repair.
• Basic Project Management skills.
• Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
• Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Problem-solving abilities
• A professional trade qualification or completion of an apprenticeship and experience as a tradesman in the maritime sector.
• Educated to high school level or above.
A vacancy exists within the Projects Department for a Project Manager who will report directly to the Vice President of Commercial.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Developing project scopes and objectives
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Totally responsible for the technical and commercial aspects of each ship repair project.
• Project labour management and control.
• Project sub-contract management.
• Project plant and equipment management.
• Project material management.
• Achievement of financial targets for each project.
• Maximising customer satisfaction.
• A technical background with a minimum Higher National Certificate or equivalent qualification.
• Minimum of 10 year’s experience in the ship repair or ship building industries; or a minimum of 7 – 10 years as a ship owner’s technical representative; or 10 – 15 experience as a Chief Engineer at sea.
• Fully conversant in the techniques required for production/resource planning and budget/cost control.
• A self-starter with the ability to operate on own initiative and with the capacity and motivation to frequently work indeterminate hours.
• Strong leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and customer awareness.
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Fully cognisant of the importance of inter-departmental support
For all other job enquires, please contact HR by email only: email@example.com